Just like athletes, business organizations have performance optimization on the mind constantly. There are many similarities in the way an athlete develops a plan for success and the way we do the same for our customers. Just like athletes constantly train to be the best in their sport, Pallet Alliance takes similar steps to develop, execute and refine a tailored program so you can take on the competition.
1. Assess- Prior to embarking on any program for improvement, an athlete must assess the current state of his or her fitness, skillset and equipment. This is typically achieved through conducting baseline fitness tests, evaluating recent performance, and reviewing the current state of their equipment. This data can be used both to identify areas for improvement and create a baseline to measure progress against. Similarly, an assessment of the current state of pallet operations and footprints is an essential first step at the outset of any program to create or improve a company’s pallet operations. Determining current pallet spend, evaluating processes and reviewing pallet specifications are vital to illuminating the path to improvement and measuring and documenting progress along the way.
2. Design- Athletes use the data gathered in the assessment phase to develop target plans for improvement. This usually begins with the area most in need of attention and gradually progresses to areas of relative strength that can still be optimized, and results in a detailed plan with clear goals, milestones, and timelines. A strategic pallet initiative also uses the product of analysis to initiate and inform the development of an optimized solution. The data can be used to sculpt a plan that starts with the problematic areas and facilities—the “low-hanging fruit”—and then widens into a company-wide program.
3. Prepare- Getting enough sleep, eating well, and practicing are key components to every athlete’s preparation. Preparation for the deployment of a successful pallet program includes such items as redesigning pallet specifications where appropriate, creating vendor relationships to secure optimal sourcing, and working with relevant company personnel and stakeholders to ensure that the initiative is positioned for success.
4. Execute- Implementing the program we have put in place requires taking the elements from the initial planning stages and putting them in motion. At this point, you will be prepared to launch a refined, competitive and customized program tailored just for you. The same way an athlete approaches the start line on race day, you will be prepared to roll out a national program across all site locations. During the executing phase, it is important to continuously refine your approach. Companies and athletes alike will measure progress, provide feedback and analyze results. This allows for continuous improvement and optimization.
5. Innovate– In today’s world, where we have access to instant data and informational outputs, we can leverage technological advances to improve performance. Athletes never stop improving, and your pallet program should never remain stagnant. Pallet Alliance will continue to provide design updates, new technology, and general improvements throughout the lifecycle of your program. Tracking and measuring results through innovative technology fuels success and ultimately places you on the leaderboard.